We will discuss a quick tip to resolve the SourceTree issue mentioned in the title.
My system got upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I had to install all required software for the development work. I use SourceTree as a tool for Git commands for projects. So, I installed that again after the format.
Unfortunately, when I started adding the projects as working copies, it complained to me that “This is not a valid working copy path“. The error is not so self-explanatory, which triggered research work.
Before I landed on the solution, I visited all available menu options in SourceTree to discover the problem. Finally, something engrossed me. I was on Git Tab.
Tools -> Options -> Git
I found some buttons saying “Use Embedded Git“, and “Use System Git” at the bottom. So, I suspected that Git is not yet enabled for SourceTree. Therefore, it is not able to identify my commands. I enabled it, that’s why it is shown as disabled below.
Voila!!! Everything started working as expected.
Share in your circle. Hit the social icons below. Keep coding folks. 😃
Thanks for reading, have a great day ahead.